Monday, November 10, 2008

From a light-hearted post to a heavy one. . . .



I haven't written much by way of response to the election; I have been processing it for a few days and been too busy to post. Usually my blogs don't delve into controversial topics, but I was reading a blog written by my friend Trista, that really opened the floodgates of emotions for me.

I am including my comment left on her blog below since I really shared my heart - and I felt like I could also share it here. You don't have to comment, but if you decide to, please remember to be respectful and aware that I have sensitive people who also read my blog. Thank you.



Trista - You have hit a nerve with me today and have really encouraged me to speak out on a topic that is near and dear to my heart - for many reasons.

I have never been able to understand the "logic" of a profession that will take any step possible to protect and *save the life of an unborn BABY* (prescribe medications to save a pregnancy/administer NICU procedures to keep a preemie alive/perform life-saving surgeries in and out of the uterus, etc.) - and then on the other extreme do whatever it takes to ENCOURAGE and snuff out another life (or as these precious babies are also called, "the products of conception") *at the same level of development* - My mind cannot comprehend what these doctors, nurses, and other professionals are thinking. I also can't understand how much they may be motivated by *money* to murder rather than save lives.

I know that they are motivated to save or not save life based on many factors - such as the wishes and viewpoints of the parents about the pregnancy for example- but how can they not see the lack of consistency on their part? Is all truth relative? Is there such a thing as truth anymore?




Having a special needs child is life-altering; dealing with an unplanned pregnancy, carrying and then delivering a baby may not be in someone's plans; multiples are risky - - - but life is worth saving, no matter the cost. Of course that is my conviction, but I have had to talk this walk myself on some level or another and I don't regret choosing life.

I read something the other day talking about how many famous and note-worthy people would have been aborted for convenience sake if it had been legal in that time of history. Beethoven was an example. (Where would this world be without his music?!?!?!) My mind reels thinking of so many potential lives that have been needlessly sacrificed on the altar of abortion. I know a couple who 3 months before their large Catholic wedding made a decision that haunts them to this day. . . . Both of them live with such regret to this day knowing that they cared more about their reputations than their firstborn child.



I have also been through a D&C for a miscarriage - and I am so haunted by the procedure myself, even after almost seven years. The impact on a woman's mind and emotions, not only her body, is beyond words. My heart aches for women who have undergone this procedure and for their precious children taken so soon. . . . vacuumed and scraped from the "safe" place in their mommy.

I am rambling here, but this post made me realize I am also mourning the election of a man who will not seek to protect the lives of all Americans - born and unborn - I literally get chills thinking about the policies he will set into place that will not encourage taking responsibility for our actions or providing incentives to place these beautiful children with potential adoptive couples longing for the child they can never have. . . . The lists of these parents are MILES LONG!



The children aborted since the 70's would be here now working and helping to save the Social Security crisis - another weird fact, but as a politician, he might appreciate that. So much potential for life and creativity that only God knows the depth of has been taken from our society before it was time. . . .

I am not bittered but broken in my spirit that our future president is not Pro-life. I will be praying for him and the others who have the power in this country to reverse our very own Silent Holocaust taking place every day in clinics and hospitals around the country.

Thank you Trista for taking a stand for life. I am taking your hand and professing that I am with you in praying for and respecting our new President as our leader, but all the while praying and beseeching God to spare our unborn children.

God have mercy on us if we remain silent.

2 comments:

Ladonna said...

Well said, Gina! I agree with you and Trista 100%! You know, I heard the news the other day; and the commentator said, "Obama plans to restart stem cell research; research put on hold by the Bush administration due to ethical reasons. Scientists report that these lost years on the research poses a threat on the lives that could be saved with stem cells--those with diseases such as...."

WHAT? So, taking cells from a murdered unborn baby should be used to save lives? What an oxymoron. Now, I think I've heard that stem cells can now be collected from safely delivered umbilical cords--that might be acceptable But to use a murdered human being to conduct research? And for the slanted media to call it "ethical reasons?" Yeah, because if you called it 'controversy over using dead babies for research purposes' might not propel their agenda.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you completely! As a nurse, I continually witness the double standard in the medical community in regards to the unborn. We do heroic things to save the life of one child, yet at the same time it is permissible to murder another child simply because its parents do not want it. The same thing happens, to a certain extent, with the elderly. As Christians we must stand up for the rights of the helpless.

In Christ,
Vanessa
http://www.xanga.com/a_sweet_fragrance