Wednesday, October 15, 2008

In honor of Wesley Randall - our baby in heaven




My husband and I were married on November 3rd. of 2001, and by early December (5th) we were shocked to be looking at a BFP on a pregnancy test!

We were elated and looking forward to the pregnancy, birth, and our first baby that was scheduled to come three days before my sweet hubby's birthday (EDD: August 12th.).

I spotted some the beginning of January, but the doctor wasn't too concerned. He ordered an ultrasound if I felt the need to go. Hubby went to work that morning and I went alone to the ultrasound to check up on Peanut- - - - but Peanut wasn't there anymore. The sac was empty.

I literally felt like someone had kicked me in the stomach and had their hand around my throat as the male ultrasound tech kept looking and looking for our precious baby - who should have been 9 weeks at that time.

All we saw was an empty sack - just like my heart felt and I left that place of "joy" with a broken heart and no special picture to share with family and friends. . . . There are no words. . . . I ended up having a D/C only two days later. . . .

I post this in honor of my child in heaven whose hand will forever hold a heartstring attached to my heart.

1 comment:

Meridith said...

I am so sorry for your loss... (((hugs))) while I can not imagine the pain of losing a child, I am all too familiar with infertility as we are still waiting for direction in how to grow our family...

I found your blog through the Joyfully Living Blogroll and am excited to connect with other Christian women.